Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

Bold Smurf...and other interesting investments.

I read an article today in the Financial Times (Article Link) that reminded me of something that I think can be forgotten about angel investing...it can and should be fun!

And over the course of my (relatively young) life, some of my favorite family stories revolve around investments. There was the plucky race horse "Bold Smurf" (a purported descendant of Secretariat), the short lived Nascar race team that came along with another deal (it had a pink car and at about 10 or 12 years old, I was embarrassed to tell anyone about it) and this list goes on.

Of course we have now entered the age of the nerd (a term I may resemble), the internet and Web 2.0 etc., but just because some of the investments may have changed, they should still be fun. After all, if you can't smile about it, then it probably isn't worth doing.

Birmingham Angel Network, LLC's Fan Box